Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Blackberry Vs. iPhone part II

To keep you updated on my continuing evaluation of BlackBerry (Tour) vs. iPhone, I'm a little over a week into the process at the moment, and am still leaning heavily in the direction of the iPhone.

Here's why...(and I know I listed a few of these in the last installment),
1) My hands are just too big for the nasty little keyboard on the BlackBerry. With the latest software update, the iPhone/iPod Touch is larger and easier to be accurate on when you turn the screen sideways.
2) Applications. Apple's are far and away superior...particularly facebook, which I use frequently.
3) Battery life - yep, Apple again. When you get into serious 3G mode with the BlackBerry, the battery drops faster than the gas gauge on my 1985 Porsche when I'm driving it "enthusiastically"
4) Screen size - Here again, the ability to turn the Apple device sideways and create a larger image (and stretch or compress it easily) makes it an easier-to-see experience, whether surfing, texting, FaceBooking or Twittering.

Maybe I'll still discover the virtues of the BlackBerry, and if/when I do, I'll let you know, but I'm less optimistic than I was.

OOOH, here's something in the BlackBerry's favor. It has a pretty good camera (3.2 megapixel) built in, and it has a flash.....it's a shame I don't use the camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment