Saturday, September 12, 2009

iTunes 9 - My favorite new feature

iTunes 9 is officially in the cyber-world, and already on millions of computers. If you're like me, you're asking the logical question "so, is it different enough from previous versions to make the download worthwhile?" For me, the answer is YES, for one new feature, "Home Sharing".

This one lets you link iTunes to up to 5 computers on your HOME network, and share content among them.

For me, it's a big deal, because up until now, I've had one collection of songs, audio books and video on one computer, and a completely separate set on another, and didn't know how to get them together. (There was PROBABLY a way, but not being in the Mac world, I didn't have a clue).

Now my two favorite computers (on a NetBook, the other a laptop), can see each other's libraries, and I can easily transport files from one to the other, so now whichever computer I sync my iPod Touch with has the latest, greatest library to draw from...and since the upgrade is free, "such a deal".

No comments:

Post a Comment